….and so all are preparing themselves for the inevitable….the various small 3hour battles with different subjects that will eventually help them win the war for the DEGREE of Engineering.
Exams are the time when the worst fear of most of the engineers_would_be show.
I mean true they may all be tensed cause they have to appear for exams! But they’re not the only ones… Check out the parents of these kids! Its not like the hostelites (as we call em) are totally left to take care of themselves, they too get long distance calls from their DADS on what the progress on their studied is. And the localites, most of them who thought once out of school parents would let them be on their own, now realize how wrong they are.
I know one of my friend’s MOM studied most of the subject he himself was learning just so that she could monitor him!
Bliss is the college Library where you can go and sleep when you like, and study when you want to. Parents, they are happy their wards are spending much of the time in the library. Students, they are happy just to get out their homes and their MOMs who keep buzzing around them all day.
Speaking of library, I, being an engg student, too have seen and experienced a lot from the last 3 years in my college Library. Also getting a lot more stuff since currently my exams are going on too.
A typical Library night...
I don’t know what happens during the daytime much cause I just go to the lib around 12 in the night and return at 5 in the morning.
So it goes like this...
When I enter I see most of the students drowsing bcos of sitting all day.
Others who came in the evening seem to be pondering on whether to stay for the night or rather have a peaceful sleep. But most of the students at that time don’t have the mood to study cause it’s the time after the control time that the doors to freedom open and they can go out, get some clean chilled water, smoke, some tit bits maybe, a cutting chai, or at least some blood circulation down their lower body that had stopped half an hr after they sat down to study.
After that all the students coming back to get that fistful of chewda that is distributed so miserly by the peon as though food being sent in some calamity stricken area.
All of the night then, except a handful of students study , others sleeping and that do in a very bindaas way on the desk.
Morning comes, and again the chatter starts and the discussion bout whether going to station or CIDCO bus stand or the Tapri in front of the Gajanan Maharaj mandir(I am talking about Aurangabad engineers).
These places are like swarg to students who would like a Wills and a chai in the morning.
Speaking of night outs, it’s not just the students who stay up all night. No not the parents this time, but the XEROX guy!
Exam is time when dhandaa joro se chalta hai. All night the guy stays up with other members of his shop, Xeroxing textbooks, notes and other Xeroxed materials themselves.
Looking back at all my engg years, I ask myself, Will I get to have this fun again?
Yeah its fun, and you’ll agree if you have been an ENGG student yourself. I am sure that no other study course has this kind of spark in it…..
Hail the Engineer!!
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hey mr.blogger,tht was a realy gr8 article.....finally came up wth a original one......anticipating more such articles......
Arre baba.. what fun if you aren't a hostelite?! tsk tsk tsk
Post a Comment